Whether you’re playing a sport, working in the office, or taking care of the family, pain in the elbow can affect the way you move and perform. The pain can be sharp, achy, numb, throbbing, but always a nuisance.
In our Northbrook, IL office, we’ve helped thousands with these pains. Elbow discomfort can occur from:
- Desk and office work (pressure on the elbow)
- Overuse during a sport or activity
- Lifting and weight lifting
- Moving heavy objects
- Lack of stretching leading to stiff tendons
- Misalignment/Subluxation of the elbow joint
- Misalignment/Subluxation of the shoulder and/or wrist joints
- Tendonitis (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow)
- Repetitive micro-trauma (repeating a motion like using a screwdriver, gripping, or typing)
What to Expect:
After we’ve determined the source of your discomfort, we may develop a plan to minimize pain and improve function in order to prevent future injuries. For each person, we give a thorough examination and create unique therapies. Don’t put it off any longer; many elbow injuries can take longer to heal if we wait until the pain is unbearable. Allow our specialists to teach you how to keep strong and active in your everyday routines. For a consultation, contact Dr. Tom Bryant, a reputable Northbrook chiropractor.